Friday, April 29, 2011

Whiteout is Coming Soon

www.danbomkamp.com
Those who are fans of my books have been waiting for this one for a bit longer than usual.  Normally I have a new book ready each fall but I got a little behind this past summer and didn’t get Whiteout finished on time.  But I’m happy to announce it’s now finished and being printed as we speak.

I’ll have copies of it for the Morel Mushroom Fest in Muscoda on May 14 and 15.  Each year I sit near the Muscoda Theater and sell my books to local folks and visitors from other cities and states who come for the festival.

Whiteout is a fictional version of the great Armistice Day Storm of 1940.  The storm which killed 167 people in Wisconsin and Minnesota bore down on the area on Armistice Day that year.  The morning started out in the 60’s and hundreds of duck hunters set out for the marshes dressed for warm weather.  By early afternoon a blizzard blew in and the temperature dropped and whiteout conditions caught many people unprepared.

I think the readers of my books will enjoy my account and my characters in this telling of the story of the Armistice Day Storm.http://www.danbomkamp.com/about

No comments: