Monday, November 15, 2010

Plan Ahead for Deer Eve

I’ve always been one of those people who is a half hour early for a fishing trip or hunting trip. I’m always packed the day before, and have my gear laid out ready to go. But there are a lot of people who aren’t so prepared and they are the ones who will be scrambling around next Friday looking for their gear in a panic.

One of the things that always amazed me when I had my sporting goods store was those hunters who showed up Friday evening at about 7pm looking for a box of 257 Roberts, or 3040 Krag shells. Then when I told them I didn’t have any left or had never had any they looked like the most amazed guy in town. Shells like that need to be found early in the season. Those guns are very rare and few stores can afford to carry shells that might be on their shelf for years.

So if you have a 264 Win Mag or a 325 WSM, you better be looking early in the week or you might be disappointed on opening morning.

post by: Dan Bomkamp

http://www.ruralpropertypro.com/

No comments: